1. Tax Compliance
· Manage tax compliance by ensuring complete and accurate tax filings, approve tax payments and ensure tax reports are made within the prescribed time
· Manage the applications for business permits and application for authority to print invoices and all commercial documents for all plant and sales facilities, registration of books of accounts and other compliance requirements of Local Government Units.
· Evaluate tax practices and procedures to determine compliance with tax laws
· Tax Seminars and Trainings- All Functions
· Review of all asset disposals to ensure compliance with tax laws.
· Manage and coordinate regular external audits to ensure effective tax compliance with statutory financial reporting requirements.
· Responsible in ensuring the transformation of the company as a tax compliant entity. Periodic review of tax compliance of the country to ensure that internal processes are consistent with latest tax rules and regulations.
- Responsible in managing the timely registrationof all company contracts with the relevant government authorities, includingthe processing and payment of stamp duties, updating of the contract in thecompany’s contract management system and database, and other relatedactivities.
1. 2.Tax Advisory/Tax Opinions and Studies
· Review contracts to ensure proper tax treatment of certain transactions and propose revisions or modifications to draft agreements to ensure least tax compliance cost.
· Research and provide tax advice to other functions on the tax impact of specific transactions, proposed corporate projects, latest legislative proposals based on existing jurisprudence, government regulations and issuance.
· Provide tax advice to other functions on the tax impact of issues confronting the company
· Provide tax advice on Local Business Tax and real Property tax issues.
· Ensure that appropriate transfer pricing schemes are implemented based on relevant transfer pricing studies.
· Coordinate and seek advice from external consultants to support company’s position on certain tax matters
· Develop and implement tax policies and guidelines to ensure effective and efficient tax management.
· Guide and advise the operation on tax matters, that impact them, analyzing the regulations and changes in legislation, recommending actions to follow and communicating the guidelines defined in conjunction with BIG Group Office COE.
- Approveand authorize payments to various Local Government Units for local business taxand local regulatory fees.
- Plan and structure tax efficient business strategies and transaction schemes to minimize tax risk and exposure and ensure least cost compliance with tax laws.
- IIdentify tax savings measures to help reduce tax costs
- Support various business initiatives, plans, programs with an effective taxreview and analyses to identify and manage tax opportunities and tax risks.
- Responsible in formulating tax planning schemes with the end in view of deliveringsavings with impact on operating expenses.
- Responsible in reviewing all disposal of assets to ensure compliance with tax lawsand internal policies
- Act proactively in the identification of risks and tax optimization opportunitiesin the corporate structure, transactions (inter-companies, suppliers, imports, and foreign exchange), trade agreements,incentives/tax credits; propose alternatives through continuous updating on local tax issues, plan and monitor itsimplementation.