(FOR Myanmar National ONLY)
Job Title : Risk and Compliance Manager
Location : Head office
Number of Position : One
Type of Contract : Open
Reports to : Chief Finance and Risk Officer
The objective of risk management is to define methodologies to ensure that the risks originated in the operations associated with the credit cycle (credit initiation, account maintenance and collections) at Dawn Myanmar can be managed, controlled and monitored and are acceptable to the business strategic goals. In alignment with this objective, the Risk and Compliance Manager will be responsible for these areas:
• Supervise and support portfolio performance monitoring
• Credit cycle process reporting
• Portfolio Growth, Account maintenance and Recovery strategies
• Credit policy implementation
• IT Risk
• Audit and Compliance
• Risk management tools (e.g scorings) implementation
Position Role and Responsibility
The main functions of the Risk and Compliance Manager will be:
1. Portfolio performance tracking and analysis:
• To monitor and evaluate performance indicators of the portfolio and study the trends for business growth, product acceptance, product cycle stage, and risk levels.
• To review the credit portfolio and propose appropriate corrective measures are initiated so as to ensure that overall business plan objectives are met and advise management through timely reports.
• To propose timely programs at targeted prospects / customers with the purpose of increasing the average portfolio and decrease attrition rates using segmentation tools based on profitability and risk.
• To review Risk reports developed by Risk analyst, analyze and advise Management on Risk perceptions and recommended options to mitigate risks.
• To prepare, with the participation of the required business areas, the contingency plans as required by different risk scenarios.
2. Credit Cycle process reporting
• To analyze the Risk Management Reports (Net flow / trend analysis, vintage analysis, early payment defaults, and was/is analysis)
• To Conduct on-going review and analysis of the credit portfolio to determine delinquency patterns and recommend appropriate action
• To visit periodically the branches to evaluate and update the Risk Maps. Produce the necessary reports from the system in order to provide the Risk Manager with enough information to carry out its functions.
• To evaluate the credit process flow to identify opportunities for improvement and coordinate the implementation of the corrective tools.
• To monitor and review loan officer productivity levels and advise Commercial and Operations for appropriate action.
• To supervise the accomplishment of the risk exposure and authorization limits and generate periodic reports on results.
• To interact with credit associations or bureau providers to acquaint with options in countering delinquency.
• To review the various stages of credit administration processes at appropriate times to identify superfluous activities and recommend efficient options.
• To review product costing to determine the contribution of credit products
• To provide advice about the credit processes as required, verifying that the approved policies and norms are applied.
3. Portfolio Growth, Account maintenance and Recovery strategies definition
• To participate in the generation of Management strategies, based on risk and profitability models, with the purpose of optimizing account growth, customer acquisition, and portfolio profitability.
• To support the business in the identification of Operational and Market related risks, generating the adequate documentation and control tools where applicable.
• To improve the effectiveness of the collections and recovery processes through proper segmentation and transactional analysis tools.
4. Credit policy implementation
• To collaborate in the development of policy and process guidelines for new products or commercial initiatives.
• To propose to Management, all the modifications to the policies, processes and procedures regarding the methodologies to manage risk, that are believed as necessary, to have the proper approval by the adequate level in the organization.
• To plan and co-ordinate the piloting plans for new products and lead them through the period to the eventual transfer to Operations for roll out.
• To work with commercial and operation Units to optimize credit policies through the use of scoring and analytics (relationship, exposure, exceptions, etc.)
• To review the compliance of the norms related to risk management that are issued by the banking regulators.
• To prepare the operational plan to grant the adequate execution of the methodology approved for integral risk management.
• To evaluate the proposal for modification to credit granting authorities, proposing the conclusions to Management for approval.
5. IT Risk
• Identify potential risks and develop procedures that staff must follow to reduce or manage those risks.
• Play an active role in creating and implementing policies that are designed to demonstrate compliance with industry regulations.
6. Audit and Compliance
• Ensure overall coordination of audit and compliance activities at the head office and branches.
• Ensure control and compliance issues on critical areas like operations, finance and credit are brought to the CEO’s attention promptly in a preventive and corrective manner- Ad-hoc Reporting
• Ensure compliance issues are reported to the line managers and follow up to ensure prompt compliance- Line Reporting
• Provide control and compliance evaluation report to the management on monthly basis-Management Reporting
• Create awareness in the bank on prevention, detection and correction of fraud across the bank’s network.
• Conduct regular spot visits and supervision of Branch and HO control Staff
• Create necessary awareness on regulatory and supervisory provisions, circulars, directive and legislations affecting the bank’s operation and objectives
• Provide follow up on approved recommendations of internal and external auditors to ensure timely compliance
• Advise management of any possible area of policy weakness and recommend amendment as appropriate.
• Custody of all bank’s policies, process and key function documents
7. To lead the design and implementation of any required tool to manage properly the risks inherent to DAWN commercial activities.
• Analytical models
• Parametric models
• Risk Mapping
• Policies and procedures
• Or any other
Skills and qualifications
• Minimum of BS/BA in Economics, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business.
• Experience of 5 to 10 years in Individual lending operations in a Bank or MFI. In exceptional cases of high caliber and proven achievements in a senior position in an MF organization, the term of experience and/or qualification may be reduced
• Background in financial analysis with statistics or programming is ideal.
• Advanced statistical skills, Credit Risk Modeling/Analysis, Data Mining, Financial knowledge.
• Knowledge of Portfolio Risk / Management within financial business. Clear understanding of portfolio risks related to vintage and delinquency trends.
• Knowledge of market and operational risks.
• Excellent cost management and project management skills.
• Knowledge of standard reports required for Credit Business Management, and experience ensuring data-integrity and timely delivery.
• Background in financial analyses with statistics or programming.
• Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory framework.
• Excellent relationship management with good presentation and commercial skills.
• Must be adaptable, innovative, and possess good analytical skills & sound judgment.
• Team player.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Customer-service oriented.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Ability to sell ideas and motivate staff