The Collections Officer is in charge of following up with corporate debtors to find an amicable solution to pay off their debt to our client. They will be responsible for calling, emailing, and visiting the debtors to encourage them to pay their outstanding debts via the best solutions possible which is acceptable to both the debtor and the creditor. [All debtors are companies - we do not deal with personal debt. All of the debts are trade debts.]
This position will report to the Director of UCS SEA in Thailand.
- Fully fluent in Burmese language
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- A very big plus if the candidate speaks and writes Chinese / Mandarin.
- At least 8 years of work experience.
- Some experience in Legal, Collections, Finance, Accounting, or Receivables.
- Background in Law is a very big plus.
- Need to understand international trade documents such as Invoices, Sales Contracts, Bill of Lading, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Law degree is a very big plus
- Independent worker.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Aggressiveness in following up with debtors.
- Investigative mindset.
- There will be regular domestic travel.
- We prefer someone with a personal vehicle so that they can visit debtors with their personal vehicle (all trips will be reimbursed).
Work From HomeTravel AllowancePhone Allowance
Independent lifestyleFlexible working since candidate will work from home
- Opportunities for promotion
- Possibility for job training
- Learn new skills and techniques
Established in 2016, UCS SEA provides business information reporting services as well as debt collection services to clients ranging from credit insurers to banks all over the world.Established in 1991, UCS (www.group-ucs.com) is a leading B2B credit management group operating across Middle East, South Asia, and ASEAN offering a full range of credit management solution from Business Information, Receivables Management and Debt Collection, both amicable and legal recovery. With representatives in all major cities across the world, the network and the expertise that UCS established is unrivaled. UCS has a network of local partners across 220 countries that provides for expert, efficient and reliable credit management services covering Europe, Africa, Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our services are extensively used by our all major credit insurers, transnational banks, EXIM banks and commercial banks, amongst other clients.