• Transport and Logisticso Manage technical and practical details relating to international and domestic equipment transportation, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation.o Evaluate and manage the costs of transportation, services and inventory in line with division budgets and operating strategy.o Ensure documentation for import and export scheduling and shipments of machinery and equipment is timely and accurate.o Troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation. o Manage domestics scheduling and logistical support for the company’s field programs. o Provide supervision, support and scheduling for mobilisation of drilling rigs and related machinery and equipment. o Provide supervision, support and scheduling for mobilisation of geotechnical and environmental equipment. o Provide supervision, support and scheduling for mobilisation of geophysical equipment. • Procuremento Manage timely ordering of machinery and equipment parts and supplies to ensure field operations are uninterrupted.o Manage transportation vendors including selection of vendor and contract negotiation to ensure contractual service commitments. o Manage warehouse inventory for drilling and geophysical equipment and consumables.• Fleet and Equipment Managemento Develop a fleet management process including scheduled internal (on-site) and external maintenance programs, fuel supply and distribution, and insurance for a fleet of up to 10 vehicles, 2 drilling rigs and 1 truck. • Personnel Managemento Manage and provide logistical support for Yangon and site-based drivers.o Assist the HR department in managing field crew rosters, on-boarding, off-boarding and biannual performance reviews.• Operating Procedureso Implement and maintain documentation for all division operating procedures.o Manage structured annual reviews of operating procedures with Division CEO / GM.o Prioritise and manage operational issues regarding personnel or equipment.• Occupational Health and Safetyo Assist in reviewing and/or developing health and safety operating procedure for all site operations.o Assist in practical implement and education of OHS procedures for site operations personnel.
• High level of spoken and written English• Effective verbal and written communication skills • Ability to handle multiple tasks for several projects concurrently• Maintain an attention to detail and a focus on successful outcomes• Ability to work under pressure and to project deadlines• At least 7 years’ experience in Operations Management and Logistics• Previous experience in procurement and import / export procedures• Previous experience in the mining sector is preferred but not essential• Knowledge of heavy machinery or drilling is preferred but not essential • Must hold a current driving license • Able to travel regularly for up to 2 weeks at a time• Bachelors’ Degree (relevant qualification and systems training associated with Operations and Logistics Management is preferable)
* Performance Bonus* Communication Allowance* Group Life Insurance
* Working with an international team
* Training provided* Promotions opportunities
Valentis specialises in advising companies undertaking exploration and mining activities in Myanmar. Our services include:1. Exploration Services2. Geophysics 3. Sample assay preparation and analysis4. Diamond drilling 5. Geo-technical and mining 6. Environmental and Social Services7. Commercial Advisory