• Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations• Obtaining analyzing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts, etc.• Conducting audit testing of specified areas, structures or departments• Preparing reports documenting findings and making recommendations• Conducting presentations on findings to management• Investigating fraud• Evaluating financial records• Establish financial records• Establish risk-based audit programs• Review the suitability of internal controls• Determine compliance with policies and procedures.Job Description1. Determines the cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.2. Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.3. Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.4. Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.5. Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.6. Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.7. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.8. Increasesproductivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinatinginformation requirements.9. Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.10. Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.11. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.12. Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports to stores and cost/profit centers.13. Track expenses and revenues vs. budget and re-forecast and analyze fluctuations.14. Prepare monthly consolidation and executive financial package.15. Coordinate financials questions/answers within the group.16. Assist in the budget & re-forecast process.17. Maintain budget and re-forecast information in the accounting system.18. Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed.19. Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed.
Position Requirements• Significant work experience as an internal auditor or Senior Auditor• Proven working knowledge of all applicable auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and industry regulations.• LCCI Level III or ACCA or CPA Qualified• Experience in Audit reporting, consolidation and financial analysis.• Corporate Finance, Cost Accounting, Statistical Analysis, Financial Planning and Strategy, Reporting Research Results, Requirements Analysis, Financial Skills• In-depth knowledge of big data and data analysis systems, as companies are stressing the importance of data-driven decisions over intuition-driven decisions.• Excellent Communication skills in both English and Burmese.• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow-through skills• Ability to complete projects timely and accurately• Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills• Ability to work well with others in fast-paced, dynamic environment• Expert-level analytical and financial modelling skills• Strategic thinking• Great presentation skills• Ability to influence and persuade• Excellent time management and organizational ability• Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines• Willingness to work long hours, when necessary
- An awesome company
- Join a winning team
- You can make a difference
- Opportunities for promotion
- Possibility for job training
- Learn new skills and techniques
Born in Myanmar, Mr Serge Pun immigrated to Beijing in 1965 and subsequently to Hong Kong where in1983, after working in the property industry for many years, he founded the Serge Pun & Associates Group in Hong Kong as a real estate developer. In the early 1990’s Mr Pun and members of his family returned to Myanmar and founded SPA (Myanmar) Ltd. (“SPA”). Today there are 40 operating companies under SPA’s umbrella, including three flagship public companies – First Myanmar Investment Co., Ltd. (“FMI”), Yoma Strategic Holdings Ltd. (“Yoma Strategic”) and Memories Group Ltd. (“Memories”). In 2015, FMI became the first company to list on the Yangon Stock Exchange with Yoma Strategic and Memories listing on the Singapore Stock Exchange in 2006 and 2018 respectively. Collectively the businesses focus on six key sectors, namely Real Estate, Financial Services, Healthcare, Consumer, Automotive & Heavy Equipment and Tourism. The Group also manages a portfolio of other investments. The Group’s list of international partners includes many distinguished international organisations and renowned brands in sectors like Finance (IFC, ADB, Wave Money), Real Estate (Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi Estate, The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels), Consumer (Pernod Rickard, Yum! Brands, Metro Group, Kokubu & Co), telecommunications towers (edotco), power generation (Norfund), and in Automotive & Heavy Equipment (Mitsubishi Corporation, Sumitomo Corporation, Volkswagen, Ducati, New Holland, and JCB).About Yoma Strategic Listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Securities Exchange Trading Limited (SGX-ST), Yoma Strategic is a leading business corporation with a diversified portfolio of businesses in Real Estate, Consumer, Automotive & Heavy Equipment, Financial Services and Investments in Myanmar. Together with its partner, the SPA Group, Yoma Strategic is taking a conglomerate approach to build a diversified portfolio of businesses in Myanmar. The Company was ranked in the top 5% of the Governance and Transparency Index 2017, ranked 26th out of top 100 largest Singapore companies in the ASEAN Corporate Governance Scorecard 2017 and won the Best Managed Board (Gold) Award at the Singapore Corporate Awards in 2016.About FMI FMI is one of Myanmar's largest public companies with over 8,000 shareholders and an unbroken track record of profitability and dividend payments since inception in 1992. FMI’s current focus is on its “four pillar” strategy of investing in the Financial Services, Real Estate, Tourism and Healthcare sectors. FMI became the first company to be listed on the Yangon Stock Exchange on 25, March 2016.