Executes strategic fraud prevention & detection direction of the Fraud Management Unit order to protect the Bank from organized crime. Conducts digital fraud monitoring and data fraud detection in timely manner and as per requirements. Develops and maintains expert systems, knowledge and practices, investigate and monitor fraud attacks across the Bank’s the full product range. Proactively identify profiles, trends and patterns of fraudulent behaviour and develop innovative mitigating actions to combat such activity, thus minimising the risk to Bank. Establishes and implements long term improvements in systems and processes across the business in order to reduce the overall fraud exposure at any given time. Ensure system performance is optimised and has a strong audit trail. Conduct routine to complex investigations in diversified operations, suspected internal abuse and fraud involving employees/vendors/contractors. Conducts interviews of suspects and witnesses, gathers comprehensive work papers and evidentiary material to support findings and prepare comprehensive reports of findings. Constructs recommendations to line management to close process gaps, mitigate risk and address policy/procedure violations. Constructs recommendations to line of business owners around employment outcomes, provide guidance and input as needed and identify training opportunities. Participates in, or leads investigative related task forces and/or special projects that represents significant loss exposure and/or are highly visible. Formulates and recommends action response to allegations, files crime reports as appropriate, and testifies in court proceedings as appropriate. Prepares reports for management covering investigative details, results and recommended loss and recovery prevention actions. Directs activities of multiple investigators on complex investigations and provide technical guidance to less experienced investigative staff if needed. Functions as a subject matter expert and provide input on learning and development initiatives including training content to ensure team members stay relevant and add value to the team and KBZ Develops talent within the team by providing coaching to achieve the defined goals
• Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Law or equivalent• Substantial (7 years +) hands-on experience in a Special Investigations Unit (or equivalent) at a financial services firm or a law enforcement agency, investigating matters involving fraud, theft, schemes to defraud, etc.• Deep understanding of the financial services regulatory framework, the rules and regulations particular to broker dealers• Excellent oral communication and writing skills, including substantial experience in conducting interviews• Strong skills in MS Office; Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.• Ability to travel as needed• Possess law enforcement relationships and industry partner relationships.• Able to identify effective mitigation strategies, analyze, evaluate data and information that results in a thorough investigative effort.
Rewards for over performance
- An awesome company
- Join a winning team
- You can make a difference
- Opportunities for promotion
- Possibility for job training
- Learn new skills and techniques
KBZ BankTHE STRENGTH OF MYANMAR**Winner of EUROMONEY Award for Excellence consecutive years 2014, 2015, 2016: Best Bank in Myanmar**Kanbawza Bank (KBZ Bank) Limited, part of the KBZ Group of companies, is Myanmar's largest bank. Established in 1994 in Taunggyi, initially the bank catered the local area and in 1996, after present management acquired the organization, the group expanded to become Myanmar's largest financial institution, currently employing over 17,000 people.KBZ Bank is part of the KBZ Group, one of Myanmar's largest and most successful conglomerates. The Group has a proven track-record of operating according to industry best practices, as recognized in 2014, when the Myanmar Centre for Responsible Business awarded the KBZ Group of Companies as the most transparent company in the country. It is the first Myanmar bank in history to have International Representative offices in Thailand, Singapore and soon Malaysia.Jobs at KBZ BankIf you are interested in working for the leading financial institution in Myanmar, find below a list of our current open vacancies.